Govt of India approved Covid-19 Test Labs list a few days back. There are Govt and Private labs are available. Where Govt Labs are free to get test and Private labs will charge 2400 for each test. With the growing number of COVID-19 positive cases in India, it has become a threat to the people around. Delhi, the capital of India, has been adversely affected by thousands of new cases being found almost every day.
- 1 How to get COVID-19 Test in Delhi?
- 2 What is the fee of COVID-19 Test in Delhi?
- 3 Covid-19 Test Labs List in Delhi
How to get COVID-19 Test in Delhi?
Well, the laboratories and hospital beds are now full, and the test regulations have become tighter. Getting a bed for a patient in Delhi hospitals has now become a matter of luck! To take this down further, today we would be discussing the documents, appointment and fees that you would require to go for a COVID-19 test in Delhi.
Steps to get COVID-19 Test in Delhi:-
- Firstly, the test can happen only if you own a prescribed note by a qualified physician for the COVID-19 test. So the first thing is that, find a doctor and consult them and let them know your problem. If he or she sees symptoms then you will get the prescription.
- Find the ICMR Approved Private and Govt. Labs near your location. By using Google Maps you can easily find the labs location and their details such as Phone no., E-mail etc. After connecting them online take the appointment. It is not an easy task because labs are overloaded with COVID-19 samples.
- After getting the appointment reach there they will take the prescription and basic details.
- They will enter some stick in your nose and take the samples.
- You will get the results in 2 days.
What is the fee of COVID-19 Test in Delhi?
The test is primarily a swab based test. As per the IMCR guidelines. The National Task Force recommends that the maximum expense for testing the sample should not exceed ₹4,500. It should cost ₹1,500 for a screening test, post which there is an additional charge of ₹3,000 for the confirmation test. IMCR encourages free and subsidized testing in this crisis hours of National public health emergency. The Delhi govt has come up with a reduced cap recently for the test, at ₹2,400. Also, delhi has come up with rapid antigen testing wherein the results will be available in just 15 to 30 minutes.
Covid-19 Test Labs List in Delhi
A laboratory is going to accept any application for the Covid 19 test only with a doctor’s recommendation. Delhi, at present, has got 42 labs for Covid tests. Eight of them are temporarily suspended from collecting new samples, and due to uncountable new registrations everyday, some of the labs are said to be non-responsive. Based on the symptoms, nature of symptoms, age and comorbidities, it is determined whether a person is assigned to home quarantine, or should be sent to an institutional quarantine.
Govt Covid-19 Test Labs List in Delhi
1. All India Institute Medical Sciences
2. Lady Hardinge Medical College
3. National Centre for Disease Control
4. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital
5. Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences
6. Army Hospital Research & Referral
8. Maulana Azad Medical College
9. Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital
10. University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
11. Army Base Hospital, New Delhi
12. IGIB, CSIR, New Delhi
13.Rajiv Gandhi Super Speciality Hospital, Taharpur, Delhi
14.Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute (VPCI), Delhi
15.Defence Institute of Physiology & Allied Sciences (DIPAS), DRDO, Delhi
16. Institute of Nuclear Medicine & Allied Sciences (INMAS-DRDO), New Delhi
17. Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences (IHBAS), Delhi
18. ESIC Hospital, Basaidarapur
20. State TB Training and Demonstration Laboratory, New Delhi
21. Gobind Balabh Panth Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research,
22.State TB Training and Demonstration Centre, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Delhi Gate
23.Department of Microbiology, National Institute of TB and Respiratory Diseases
(NITRD), New Delhi
24. Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi
Private Covid-19 Test Labs List in Delhi
- Lal Path Labs, Block -E, Sector 18, Rohini, Delhi
- #Dr Dangs Lab, C-2/1, Safadarjung Development Area, New-Delhi
- Laboratory Services, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi
- Max Lab, Max Super Spciality Hospital, Saket, New-Delhi
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Clinical Lab Services, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi
- Oncquest Labs Ltd, 3-Factory Road, New Delhi
- Prognosis Laboratories, 515-16, Sector 19, Dwarka
- #City X-Ray & Scan Clinic Pvt Ltd, 4B/18, Tilak Nagar, New-Delhi
- Lifeline Laboratory, H-11, Green Park Extension, New-Delhi
- Dept of Lab Services, Dr. B.L. Kapur Memorial Hospital, 5, Pusa Road, NewDelhi
- Dept of Laboratory Services, Action Cancer Hospital, A-4, Paschim Vihar (East), NewDelhi
- Star Imaging & Path Lab Pvt Ltd, 4B/4, Tilak Nagar, New Delhi
- Genestrings Diagnostic Centre Pvt Ltd, 3, MMTC, Geetanjali Enclave, New Delhi
- Sterling Accuris Diagnostics, A divison of Sterling Accuris Wellness Pvt Ltd, C-65, Block C, Phase I, Okhla, New Delhi
- CRL Diagnostics Pvt Ltd, Plot No 10, Avtar Enclave, Opposite Metro Pillar 227, Paschim Vihar, Rohtak Road, New Delhi
- Dept of Lab Medicine, HCMCT, Manipal Hospital, Main Road, Sector 6, Dwarka, New Delhi
- Gen-X Diagnostics, 2/6, Sarvapriya Vihar, New Delhi
- Noble Diagnostic Centre, WZ-409C, Janak Park, Hari Nagar, Opposite DDU Hospital, New Delhi
- Mahajan Imaging Pvt Ltd, E-19, Defence Colony, New-Delhi
- #Dept of Lab Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre, Sector 5, Rohini, New-Delhi
- Metropolis Healthcare Ltd. E21, Block-B1, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, South East Delhi
- Gagan Pathology & Imaging Pvt Ltd F-26/21-22, Near Ayodhya Chowk,Sector 7, Rohini, Delhi
- Saral Diagnostics, 2&3, Shakti Vihar, Pitampura
- Unipath Diagnostics, C-4, Green Park Extension, New Delhi
- Aakash Path Lab, Aakash Healthcare & Super speciality Hospital, Road No 201, Sector 3, Dwarka, New Delhi
- Ganesh Diagnostic And Imaging Centre Pvt Limited 109 Pkt A-1 Sector 8 Rohini, Delhi
- Dr P Bhasin Path Labs (P) Ltd, S 13 Greater Kailash Part 1, New Delhi
- Venkateshwar Hospital, sector- 18A, Dwarka, New Delhi- 110075
- HAHC & HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard Campus, Guru Ravidas Marg, BLock D, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi
- Dept of Laboratory Medicine, Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre, 1, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, M.B. Road, New Delhi.
Appointment is to be taken prior to the test on booking over calls. Some of the hospitals also have a test provision booking channel on their websites as well. It depends whether the documents are in place, the patient must carry an Aadhar card, along with an IMCR referral form along with the prescription. By God’s grace, we don’t expect you to go for a testing, take precautionary measures, such as masks and sanitizers, and stay safe!