Technology has made things easy going these days. Those things used require a zillion efforts and uncountable time to be accomplished; technology has made it possible to get them within hours. Not only in day-to-day life, even in stockbroking it has come up with a revolution. Nowadays, to start trading in the stock market or share market what you need to do is to open a trading or Demat account.
What is Samco?
There are no of online stock trading sites, one of them is Samco. It is an online discount trading system based in India. Samco provides stock and commodity trading at MCX, NSE, and BSE. NBFC arm of Samco offers margin funding, simultaneously loan against shares and other financial products. Depository services through CDSL are also provided by Samco.
The CEO and founder of Samco is Jimeet Modi. The Samco had been re-branded in Samco Securities from Samruddhi stock brokers Limited. Samco was incorporated in March 2015 and its headquarter is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Samco has launched India’s only commodity and stocks investment and trading league Indian Trading League in May 2015. Samco has become the first discount broker in the country in February 2016, which provides marginal funding trading to its customers with its cash plus products.
What are the Products of Samco?
Samco has launched products for Stock trading and mutual funds
- StockNote: it is an app that enables investors and traders to purchase and sell securities.
- RankMF: This mutual fund Ranking and the investing platform allow investors and traders to easily buy and sell mutual funds.
- Margin Products;
- Cashplus: it provides around 4X equity delivery leverage on 300+ stocks at an interest cost of 0.05% per day.
- StockPlus: it offers a margin against shares for intra-day or delivery trades. Customers can utilize the holdings of their Demat accounts to avail of the margin. Moreover, a customer can trade with 0 balance in its trading accounts unlike other brokers, in which customers have to maintain a 50-50 cash collateral ratio.
- InstaPlus: it offers a margin against shares to its customers who own to trade intra-day.
What is Samco popular for?
Customers trading through Samco can save up to 60% in commission and taxes. Moreover, It is popular its ultra-low brokerage, free trading software, margin products, and higher exposure.
Samco charges per order and provides simple flat-rate trading at ₹20 per executed order. Unlike other stock brokerage sites, Samco does not charge extra from its customers, besides its charges are not based on the size of the trade, exchange, and segments. Moreover, minimum brokerages are in Samco.
What are the Samco USP (Unique Sales Proposition)
These are the USP of Samco services;
- Delivery Funding: 4x Delivery Leverage in the Cash Markets
- Margin Against Shares: Availability of trading with ZERO Cash Balance
- Lowest Margin Requirement: Provision of 80x Leverage for Nifty, 33x leverage for stocks 60x for commodity
SAMCO Charges 2020
- SAMCO Trading Account Opening Fee: ₹0 (Free)
- Demat account Opening Fee: ₹0 (Free)
- Trading Account AMC: ₹0
- Demat Account AMC: ₹400 per year (payable upfront)
- Equity Delivery: 0.20% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower
- Equity Intraday: 0.02% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower
- Equity Future: 0.02% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower
- Equity Options: 0.02% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower (on Turnover)
- Currency Futures: 0.02% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower
- Currency Options: 0.02% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower
- Commodity: 0.02% or ₹20 per trade whichever is lower
|SAMCO Brokerage Charges for Equity Cash & Intraday|
|SAMCO Charges||EQUITY Delivery||EQUITY Intraday|
|Brokerage||₹20 per executed order or 0.2% whichever is lower||₹20 per executed order or 0.02% of gross turnover whichever is lower|
|STT||0.1% on both Buy and Sell||0.025% on the Sell Side|
|Transaction / Turnover Charges||NSE ₹325 per crore | BSE ₹1 per trade (each side)||NSE ₹325 per crore | BSE ₹1 per trade (each side)|
|Goods and Services Tax (GST)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge)|
|SAMCO Brokerage Charges for Equity Derivatives|
|SAMCO F&O Brokerage||Futures||Options|
|Brokerage||₹20 per executed order or 0.02% of gross turnover whichever is lower||₹20 per executed order or 0.02% of notional turnover whichever is lower|
|STT||0.01% on Sell Side||0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)|
|Transaction / Turnover Charges||NSE ₹190 per crore | BSE ₹1 per trade (each side)||NSE ₹7500 per crore | BSE ₹1 per trade (each side) (on premium)|
|Goods and Services Tax (GST)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge)|
|SAMCO Brokerage Charges for Currency & Commodity|
|SAMCO Charges||Currency Futures||Currency Options||Commodity|
|Brokerage||₹20 per executed order or 0.02% of gross turnover whichever is lower||₹20 per executed order or 0.02% of notional turnover whichever is lower||₹20 per executed order or 0.02% of gross turnover whichever is lower|
|STT||No STT||No STT||0.01% on Sell Side (Non-Agri)|
|Transaction / Turnover Charges||NSE ₹110 per crore (0.0011%)||NSE ₹4000 (on premium) per crore (0.04%)||Non-Agri ₹260 (0.0026%) | Agri ₹175 per Crore (0.00175%)|
|Goods and Services Tax (GST)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge)|
|Stamp Charges*||State wise||State wise||State wise|
Samco charges or Fee structure
SST (Securities Transaction Tax: Is the tax, which is levied on all transactions at prescribed rates by the Indian government and is done on the stock exchanges): SST is charged only the sell-side for intra-day trading and F&O trades. However, charged on both the sides for delivery trades in equity.
Stamp Duty for all states in India and NRIs: *: Charges are based on the state where the customer abides.
Goods and Services Tax (GST): 18% of the total cost of brokerage plus transaction charges.
SEBI Charges: ₹5 per Crore.
Other Charges (SAMCO Hidden Fees):
- Call & Trade charges: Additional ₹20 per executed order.
- Physical contact note: ₹20 per contact (Email contract notes are free)
- DP charges for delivery based equity selling – ₹10 per transaction.
Samco Demat Account Charges
|1||Demat Account Opening Charges||₹0|
|2||Stamp Charges payable upfront (at actual)||₹50|
|3||Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC):|
|a. Individuals||₹400 Per Year + GST (Payable upfront every year)|
|b. Corporates||₹800 + GST (Payable upfront every year)|
|4||Transaction Charges per ISIN (Market Trades):|
|a. Buy (Receive)||₹0|
|b. Sell (Debit)||₹10 (including CDSL Fee)|
|5||Inter Depository Transfer (Off-Market Trades):|
|a. Buy (Receive)||NIL|
|b. Sell(Debit)||0.02% or ₹25 whichever is higher (including CDSL Fee)|
|6||Demat (Per certificate)||₹10 + ₹50 Courier charges|
|7||Remat (Per ISIN)||CDSL Charges + ₹50 Courier charges|
|8||Courier charges per Demat/ Remat request||₹50|
|9||Pledge per ISIN||₹60 (Including CDSL Charges)|
|10||Unpledged per ISIN||₹60 (Including CDSL Charges)|
|11||Pledge Invocation per ISIN||₹60 (Including CDSL Charges)|
SAMCO Margin / Exposure
|Equity Delivery||Up to 4x|
|Equity Intraday||Normal Orders: 3x to 15x | CO & BO: Up to 33x|
|Equity Future||Intraday – 40%(2.5x), Carry forward – 100%(1x) of Total margin (Span+ Exposure)|
|Equity Options||Intraday – 40%(2.5x), Carry forward – 100%(1x) of Total margin (Span+ Exposure)|
|Currency Future||Intraday – 50%(2.5x), Carry forward – 100%(1x) of Total margin (Span+ Exposure)|
|Currency Options||Intraday – 50%(2.5x), Carry forward – 100%(1x) of Total margin (Span+ Exposure)|
|Commodity Future||Intraday – 40%(2.5x), Carry forward – 100%(1x) of Span|
How to open an account in Samco?
Customers need to open an account in Samco for doing online trading with them. Here we have provided to easy step by step ways to open an account in Samco;
- First, you need to fill an online form using your ADHAAR to open an account in Samco
- Then, make a call to Samco’s sales phone line.
- At last, you need to visit Samco Office located in Mumbai at Elphinstone Road.
SAMCO Trading Software (SAMCO Trading Platforms)
Samco provides an online trading platform in the stock market. All the application given to its customers is free.
- Samco Traders (Omnesys NEST Traders): it is a re-branded NAST traders and an install-able trading terminal for windows-computer. Company Omnesys is owned by Thomson Reuters that offers this leading trading platform. Samco NEST trading software is offered by many brokers India, hence it makes traders to use it dexterously. Samco traders is designed for high-frequency trading with robust, user-friendly, and stable trading terminal characteristics.
- StockNote (Mobile Trading App): it’s a mobile app free for trader trading at NSE, MCX, and BSE. StockNotes app offers alerts, live news, streaming quotes, charts, and market watch to its users, and is very simple to use and fast to operate.
- SAMCO Web Xpress (Website): This trading based website can be accessed via browser or any other web from multiple operating systems. This free website provides the entire feature that traders need to trade in MCX, NSE, and BSE.
- Samco Star (Back-Office): On this back-office website, customers can check account statements, manage the funds, check Demat holdings, pledge/unpledged holdings, and analyze the trades.
- SAMCO Call & Trades: This offline application helps traders to access services through call and trade at an additional cost of 20/executes order. After placing the order through this call and trade services, a confirmation call and email are sent to customers.
Advantages and Disadvantages of SAMCO
As every coin has two sides, the same every online trading application has merits and demerits simultaneously. If you are going to open an account in SAMCO, you need to know all its pros and cons for better analyses. Here we have tried to give you possible advantages and disadvantages.
- Traders can avail of excellence margin products at around 0.05% interest margin funding a day. Availability of pledging shares from Demat account for extra margin.
- Samco is known for its cheapness in entire India, moreover, it does not levy hidden charges on brokers. In addition to it, Samco neither asks for pre-paid monthly charges nor minimum balance requirements.
- Samco provides a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
- In SAMCO, the Flat Rate Brokerage Plan is simple and easy to understand and use at 20 per trade.
- There is the availability of Intra-day trading in over 500+ stocks with up to 15x leverage.
- For managing the risk in trading, Cover Orders (CO) and Bracket orders (BO) are offered by SAMCO. Customers can acquire up to 33x margins on both these orders.
- Customers can freely open trading and Demat account with SAMCO. No Charges are supposed to be paid, and the trading software is also free for all customers.
- You can open the account in SAMCO on the basis of AADHAR.
- There is also a facility for newcomers to try BOTH trading apps as a guest
the user before opening the account in SAMCO.
- It is an online broker, which does not have branches for local support.
- SAMCO does not offer mutual funds investment.
- There are high pledge Demat charges applied for creating, closing, and invocating. SAMCO charges 60 per ISIN whilst broking, whereas, another broker like Zerodha charges 32 per ISIN.
- SAMCO does not provide an online IPO application.
- It Charges an extra fee of 20 per executed order through call and trade services.
SAMCO’s Membership Information
- SAMCO SEBI Registration ID: INZ000002535
- SAMCO NSE Member ID: 12135
- SAMCO BSE Member ID: 935
- Depository CDSL Member ID: IN-DP-CDSL-443-2008